Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Miracle Healing

I have a God glorifying testimony to share with you.  Six months ago I traveled to the North, which is 95% Muslim, to visit 10 Nigerian 'church-planting' missionaries to offer encouragement and see how we can help with their church plants.  While at one of the village we were approached by a Muslim mother who's 1-month old baby had been infected with tetanus during birth when the umbilical cord was cut.  As seen in the  photo of the baby below, Tetanus affects the central nervous system by causing painful muscular contractions.



With the mothers permission and in the presence of 20 to 30 members of the village we laid hands on the baby and asked God to do a miracle. Three days after we left God healed that baby!  When I heard that I got so fired up! Last month I had to a chance to retrn the village and visit a 7 month old health baby!



According to www.medical-dictionary.com in the US (not a village with no electrical or running water) tetanus has a mortality rate of more than 90% in infants. God's still using miracles to being glory to His name....I just can't believe I got to witness it first hand.

1 comment:

  1. Dustin, I love reading your blog entries. This one especially moved me. Not sure if it is my own baby on the way, or if it is just an incredible testimony to how AMAZING God is; Either way, God is great. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete