Sunday, September 27, 2009

Stuck in a Rut


Last week I went on a 3 day Church planting/film outreach to remote villages here in Nigeria.  After an hour and a half of following a motorcycle only path and crossing a bridge I was nervous to even walk on, we managed to hit a patch of soft mud that buried the left side of the car to the fame.  We were so deep that I had to exit the vehicle through the passenger side.  




Aware from a previous trip that the 4X4 wasn't working properly I had the mechanic fix it before I left for this trip.  Well...come to find out --the hard way-- he only fixed the 4X4 indicator light on the dash board...which comes in very handy when your stuck in mud.

Thankfully before we left I purchased a shovel and tow rope.  While the tow rope couldn't be of much use with not other vehicle in sight, the shovel was a life saver.  Two hours and 10 Nigerian villagers later we managed to get free!  

Unfortunately, due to the lost time and fear that we may get stuck again and not make our destination by night fall we had to turn back.  Needless to say, it was an experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment