Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!

As you can imagine Christmas for me this year was a little different than usual.  Although I missed family, cold weather, and good food the desire to be home wasn't as bad as I expected. With no lights hanging from houses, Christmas trees with presents, or seasonal marketing around every corner the month just seemed like another month.  All that said I still had an amazing time that I'll remember the rest of my life.  

Since being with family wasn't an option we decided to spend most of our time with the boys at the orphanage.  Starting on the 22nd we planned 3 days of events, games, and movies with the boys.  It would be something similar to a youth group weekend getaway back in the states.  Here's some pictures from our adventures:

The boys performing a drama of The Christmas Story to the village

Heather (G.I. Jane) and I (Major Pain) were in charge of Christmas Boot Camp '09

ATTEND HUT!

Wheel barrow race

We had the boys at our place one night for a movie


That's 22 boys in my car

Albert had to sit in my lap for the 30 min ride back home

With a shortage in Christmas tree we had to make due with a cactus


Merry Christmas!


4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a very exiting & eventful Christmas celebration! I love that you were able to fit 22 boys in your car...that is CRAZY but I'm sure a lot of fun too. We sure miss you but are happy to share you with Africa so you can share the Word & infect them with your spontaneous & fun-loving self! Thanks for keeping us all updated & hope to talk to you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Dustin! I love your boot camp titles especially since you and Heather are everything BUT sergeants! You are so good at showing love--going to your place was undoubtably super special for those boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I am going to use these pics if you don't mind ;-) The kids will talk about this Christmas for-e-ver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas Dustin. You may have missed what you had become accustomed to at Christmas time, but I know you'll never forget being a true physical part of what Christmas should always be...sharing, loving and laughing with those boys will be the present that keeps on giving! I can't imagine what yall did for New Years!
    Many Blessings...Ms. Lato

    ReplyDelete